A flooded basement however common in households can be devastating and destructive to homeowners. This devastation is compounded as many homeowners finish their basements resulting in more damage when water enters the basement. Having water in your basement no matter the amount is very serious as even the smallest amount of water not properly removed and dried can cause further damage to property an leave mold which can be toxic to the air you breath.
Restoration Local provides only the best in basement flood cleanup. Our certified and trained technicians with years of experience have all the needed expertise and equipment to fully remove any water in your basement. By doing so we remove any chance of further damage or mold to appear. Call Now For A FREE Estimate!
Below are a few important steps to take if you find that you are in need of flooded basement cleanup. Please note that we recommend you hire a qualified water damage company to remove the water as doing it yourself can be dangerous.
If your basement flooded once, there is a good chance that it will flood again. Cleaning up after a flood can be an incredible and costly undertaking, and this is likely an experience that you want to avoid dealing with in the future. With this in mind, you can take steps to prevent future floods. Common steps include sealing your basement, installing a sump pump with a backup generator, adding covers to window wells, installing gutters, grading the ground away from the home and more.
A flooded basement may be easy to overlook for some who rarely use their basement, but the reality is that it can be devastating to the home’s condition and value. Ideally, water extraction will begin at the first sign of a flood, and you will continue to walk through these steps to fully clean up after the flood. If you feel that the work is beyond your abilities, hire a professional to assist with the process.
Basement water damage can be cleaned up and dealt with in one to two days. If the task looks as if it is too much for you then call a professional company and they will take care of everything for you. Whichever way you go make sure your basement doesn’t stay wet and dirty that will be a death-trap beneath your home. Clean out the bacteria and prevent mold and other germs from growing. Clean your wet or flooded basement immediately.
Let our local and experienced water damage professionals clean up your flooded basement. We offer 30-minute rapid emergency response and always provide free estimates. We will even work with your insurance company. Call 1-404-916-4398 now to schedule a free estimate for flooded basement cleanup and water damage restoration.
Click to Call
Sewage cleanup from water damage is not a fun job. However these things do happen and so in the event that you need to clean some you will need to do it the right way. Sewage clean-up will prevent you, your family and and your…
Does Bleach Kill Mold? Quite simply, no. Despite the old wive’s tales, bleach is not effective at removing mold. Instead, it only cleans mold temporarily. Mold is a symptom of a source of water. As long as that water remains, the mold will return no matter how often you clean with bleach.
Whether it’s a kitchen grease fire, an out of control candle, or a chimney fire, a fire can be an extremely overwhelming and stressful experience. Learn the steps to cleaning smoke damage and what to consider before you begin.
Halloween is a festive time, full of spooky jack-o-lanterns, scary costumes, and plenty of sweet treats. Unfortunately, it’s also one of the most common holidays for fires. Before you decorate your house or put the kids in their costumes, make sure you review these Halloween fire safety tips.
Sara and I want to let you know how much we appreciate the supportive and professional assistance from Restoration Local during our water damage crisis. It’s a pleasure to see that there are still service companies that take the word “service” seriously. We highly recommend Restoration Local anytime.
Restoration Local helped me find a quality water restoration contractor fast. The contractor they connected me with was licensed & bonded, and held a A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. They were prompt and wasted no time getting our house (and life) back in order. My husband and I were so happy, we even recommended them to his parents.
My townhouse’s sump pump was broken and 38 gallons of water ran into my basement and my neighbor’s basement. Mold grew over the next couple of days after removing the damaged carpet from my basement. Restoration Local found a great local contractor who helped with the water cleanup and mold removal. Now I have a great man cave in my basement!
They’re very personable and know what they’re talking about. They’ll even work with your insurance and give up front pricing over the phone.
They exceed all expectations and go above and beyond to make sure customers are completely satisfied. This is the only choice you need to make for a construction company
Our roof was leaking, we called a technician and they sent someone before the rain stopped. The roof was patched and remained this way until we had the entire roof replaced.
The technician was very prompt, and I was very pleased with their workers. They were all very knowledgeable and great people to work with in every way. I am satisfied with their work and i would recommend them to anyone.
Fantastic experience… I was having sinus headaches and infections for the longest time. I was also starting to get vertigo and was convinced that it had to be related to maybe presence of mold in my house, maybe in the attic or the basement. The technician checked the entire house and told me there was no mold but (60percent) very high humidity levels . He installed an industrial size dehumidifier for 3 days and explained that it is essential to keep temperatures low during the summer in order to avoid the high humidity and eventual formation of mold. I then looked on the internet and found resent research linking high home humidity to respiratory illnesses such as sinus infections and vertigo.
Unfortunately a pipe was broken in one of the bathrooms and caused a disaster. The guys were very friendly, quick and neat to work, achieving a very good result. Thank you very much! I definitely recommend this company
The Technician was very professional, on time, polite, and they went above and beyond to make sure I was a satisfied customer. They provided me with a free estimate, and scheduled services for the very next day. Work was done in a very timely manner, very professionally, and they left everything very clean and organized. My home no longer smells like mold.